Trace & Trust
GS1 Standards make it possible to identify, capture, and share important supply chain information automatically and accurately about products, business locations, and more. The only way businesses big or small can move forward is to work together – they need to be able to understand each other, anywhere along the supply chain. As a neutral organization, GS1 US has a unique role that allows us to bring business leaders together in a safe, non-competitive space. Simply put, GS1 Standards facilitate a global language of business, no matter the industry.
This hackathon is meant to showcase the power of integrating GS1 Standards into innovative technology solutions to help build trust in an emerging industry.
- The identification of everything makes anything possible
- GS1 provides globally unique identification of products, locations, logistics units, and assets
- GS1 data carriers are capable of holding varying amounts of information
- From DNA tags to RFID to barcodes, there are many carriers that can capture information in a standardized way
- Interoperability allows product data to flow through the supply chain
- “Share standards” are technology agnostic